Is Tupperware Microwave Safe? – Facts You Should Know
Tupperware's brand has become a common household kitchen collection. It is a good option for plastic storage containers. It comes in various styles and sizes from big to small that will surely fit whatever food you want to store. And do not forget its variety of colors. But is Tupperware microwave safe?
To answer the question, is Tupperware microwave safe? Yes. But not all. There are microwavable Tupperware products, but do not assume that all can be used to reheat food directly in the microwave. Tupperware products that are safe to use in the microwave come with a wavy line symbol that you can find most of the time at the bottom of the container.
Safety Tips When Using Microwave Safe Products
Here are some safety tips you need to know for you to use your microwave-safe Tupperware products properly.
- Tupperware products with microwave-safe symbol should only be used in a standard microwave. Please do not use it in convection microwave and conventional ovens.
- To avoid scratches, do not use sharp utensils. Use only plastic or wood.
- Prevent cooking small portions of food with high fat or sugar content.
- A microwavable container is designed for reheating only. Never use it for cooking, especially on direct heat.
- Do not microwave products on a much higher wattage than what is suggested.
- Tomato-based food and sauces have a high possibility of staining the container reheated. It is caused by the natural food colorants which are found in most vegetables.
- Make sure to wear oven gloves when you take the container out of the microwave after cooking.
- In case that you have overheated the food, open the microwave and allow it to cool for a couple of minutes before getting it out of the microwave.
- Ensure that when you remove the seal of the container, open it away from you after microwaving.
Tips For Cleaning Tupperware Products
How do you clean your Tupperware? Here are some basic steps in cleaning your Tupperware products.
- Clean each product thoroughly.
- Use soft sponges and mild cleaning agents when you wash the products.
- Do not expose to direct fire or heat.
- Do not cut or slice the food right on the container.
- Do not put the products under the direct heat of the sun for too long. This may cause the product to fade and get distorted.
- Use the product as recommended.
Removing Odor And Stains In You Tupperware Products
Stains from food coloring and odor tend to stick in your Tupperware. Here are some things you can do to remove those smells and stains.
- Option 1. Make a baking soda paste and use it the clean the Tupperware cover and container.
- Option 2. Stuff damp newspaper inside the container and let it stay there for at least 24 hours.
- Option 3. Wash the container and put a mixture of dishwashing soap and water.
- Option 4. Use lemon juice and spread it inside the container. Then let it sit for seconds or one minute before washing it thoroughly.
- Option 5. Make a water and vinegar solution and use it to clean the container.
Again, make sure to use Tupperware products that have the microwavable symbol. If you can't find that wavy lines, do not use it in a microwave.