Is It Safe To Open The Microwave While It's Running?
Come on! You can't deny it! You are used to opening your microwave while it is running. That's what brings you to this article, right? Well, don't worry. We are here to help you solve that issue that might have been bothering you already. So, is it safe to open a microwave while it's running? Here is all that you need to know.
Safe or Not Safe?
Is it safe to open a microwave while it's running? Here's an answer that you might have heard from a lot of people. 'For you, no. But, for the microwave, yes.' Do you answer the same way? Continue reading to get the right answer.
When it comes to radiation and heat exposure, microwaves must be handled with care. Although the designers of this amazing and very useful appliance made it sure that this is not an equipment that could cause you harm, users like you must always take precautionary steps. Remember, a microwave is an electric appliance. Therefore, it can be dangerous. Is it safe to open a microwave while it's running? No for both. You and your microwave oven can be prone to unwanted incidents if you are fond of doing this thing.
The Leading Cause of Microwave Damage
It is probably the lack of knowledge on the proper way of using and cleaning a microwave. To be able to use this appliance to its maximum capability, you need to make sure that you are taking care of it. Cleaning this thing may not be the same on how you clean your ordinary kitchen wares. You need to learn the different ways on how to keep your microwave functioning at its best.
Tips for Proper Microwave Care
- Keep it clean. A dirty microwave may not function well. Sometimes, homeowners choose to clean this appliance when it is already very dirty. That is wrong. Never let the stains stay very long. They might be the cause of rust, and that is the last thing you would want to see inside your microwave.
- Clean it carefully. Since your microwave is an electrical appliance, be sure to know how to properly and safely clean a microwave. Of course, the first thing you need to check is that your appliance is unplugged before washing it. Washing your microwave with soap and water is possible for certain areas.
- Keep it close until it stops. So this answers the question - is it safe to open a microwave while it's running? It's just a matter of minutes or seconds that you are going to wait. So why rush? Take the time to wait.
- Don't overload. There is a certain weight that microwaves can carry. So check your appliance, know the weight capacity, and follow.
- Unplug when not in use. This is an SOP. Never forget to unplug your microwave after using. It is for everybody's safety.
The Bottom Line
Is it safe to open a microwave while it's running? What we just gave you are clear answers on how to take care of your microwave. These are simple yet essential things that you can follow to keep your microwave working for a longer time.