How To Sterilize Plastic Bottles In The Microwave?
As a parent, your highest priority is to keep your baby safe and healthy. But no matter how careful you are in taking care of your young one, he or she can still be exposed to bacteria without you knowing it. One very common access to these harmful elements is through their feeding bottles. Sterilizing infant feeding bottles is important to prevent germs from contaminating the milk you feed your baby. In this article, we will teach you how to sterilize plastic bottles in a microwave. To all moms out there, check this out!
Choosing the best sterilization method is crucial. Why? As you invest in your baby essentials, you want everything to last long. Of course, because that will save you a lot of money. Since your baby will eventually grow, it is not practical to buy baby stuff from time to time. When it comes to their feeding bottles, there are proper ways to take good care of them. Proper sterilization is what’s crucial here.
While you keep your baby safe from any contaminating elements, be sure to keep these feeding bottles in good condition. Sterilizing these plastic bottles in the wrong way can damage them and can even cause danger to your baby. To learn how to sterilize plastic bottles in microwave can help ease your worries. Here’s how:
How do I Sterilize Plastic Baby Bottles?
- Take a bowl or a basket, just enough to fit 2-3 baby feeding bottles.
- Add water and baby foaming dishwashing soap.
- Add the feedings bottles and their parts.
- Soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the bottles using a bottle body brush and the bottle nipples with a nipple brush.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Always check the bottles and nipples for splits, scratches, or cracks. If you find any damages, replace these parts.
- After checking, dry by using a food grade plastic ware. Place all the bottles inside and securely cover the plastic container.
- Place inside the microwave. Set the time for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, carefully take the plastic container out and leave for another 5-10 minutes for the cooling process.
- Then, dry the bottles on the drying ware.
These are simple steps on how to sterilize plastic bottles in a microwave that any mom can follow. We made this easy process not to overwhelm new moms who are still adjusting in their motherhood journey.
Buying the Right Feeding Bottle
If you want to make sure that you are investing on the right baby essentials, before making any purchase, try to research about the products. Baby bottles are widely available in the market today. You can find them almost anywhere. However, you don’t know which one is the safest for your baby.
To help you decide, you can simply do your own research. Read comments and feedbacks about a brand that you are planning to choose.
Perfectly Microwaved Eggs
Learning how to sterilize plastic bottles in a microwave is a must. And with the tips mentioned above, sterilizing plastic bottles no longer has to be a daunting task.