How To Steam Veggies In The Microwave? – Nutritious Food Facts
One of the healthiest cooking techniques already known to people for a long time is 'steaming.' Are you into veggies, and you want to make use of their maximum potential when it comes to taste and nutrition? Apply the food preparations that we just mentioned. Yes, steam them! The next crucial question is - how to steam veggies in microwave? Worry no more! Your expert in food preparation is here. Please read until the end to get amazing facts you would never have heard of yet.
Preserving Nutrients even after Cooking
Do you know that steaming food promote a healthy lifestyle? That health benefit doubles when talking about vegetable steaming. You can't deny it. When you're traditionally cooking vegetables, either in a pan or on a stove, you sometimes end up with mushy and pale looking vegetables. That means your vegetables already lost most portion of its nutrients and flavor. That is something you don't want to happen, especially if you are preparing food for your family.
Steaming the Right Way
To answer the question, “How to steam veggies in a microwave?” is simple. You don't have to confuse yourself. Experts are everywhere. All you need is to choose the best resource provider to make sure that you are following something safe and right. If you have been steaming veggies for a long time, that is good. But you can still check the procedure that we will be giving you to make sure that you are doing it the right way.
- Prepare your vegetables. Cut them into uniform bite-sized pieces to make sure that they will soften evenly together.
- While preparing your vegetables, you can start boiling water with a covered pot or pan. Make sure that it will fit your steamer.
- Heat about 1 inch of water over high until it comes to a boil.
- It's time to arrange your veggies in the basket. You can use stacking bamboo steamers or any microwavable dishware.
- Place the steamer or container inside the microwave. Set the timer at 212°F/100°C.
- Test for doneness. If still not tender for you, you can run for another 2 minutes.
- When done, leave for a minute before opening your microwave.
- Time to remove the steaming container and start preparing your dish.
There are many reasons why you need to steam your food. Yes, this is not just about learning how to steam veggies in a microwave, but there's more that you need to know. At this point, what we want to show you are the various health benefits when steaming food.
- Can lower cholesterol
- Retains the vitamins and minerals
- The process does not require oil
- Preserves fiber, color, and flavor
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy
In this world that's filled with preserved commercial foods, eating healthy can sometimes become hard to achieve. That is something that you need to make sure of yourself, living healthy. Organic food like veggies should be an integral part of every meal. And now that you already know how to steam veggies in a microwave, you'll be enjoying those veggies more!