How To Steam Asparagus In Microwave
They are different ways you can cook asparagus. They can be steamed, grilled, roasted, or boiled. Asparagus goes well with your salmon, steak, or can be made into a delicious soup. In this article, we'll show how to steam asparagus in microwave. It’s the fastest way for you to enjoy those greens.
Preparing Your Asparagus
Cleaning or washing your ingredients is always the first step in any cooking process. Here are the different methods for you to clean your fresh asparagus.
- Simple Washing - All you need to do is to wash the asparagus well in running water. After washing, remove the hard tip of the asparagus. You may simply snap them or cut them with a knife. Next is dry the asparagus using a paper towel, and they are now ready to be cooked or stored.
- Blanching the asparagus - This method would require you to heat water to the boiling point on your stove. Next is dip the asparagus in hot water. Make sure to do this for a few seconds only. Don't let it stay too long so it won't get cooked. Pull the asparagus out and wash them under running water to stop the cooking process. Lastly, let the asparagus dry using a paper towel. Place them in a plastic bag for proper storage.
- Peeling the skin - Another way of cleaning the asparagus is by shaving its outer layer. Wash them first thoroughly under running water. Next is peel the skin from one tip to another. Don't forget to remove the hard tip, and you're done. They are ready to be cooked or put in a plastic bag to be stored in the fridge.
Two Minutes Steamed Asparagus
Here's how you can steam asparagus in a microwave without a sweat.
What you need:
- Bunch of asparagus
- Olive oil
- Lemon Zest or other preferred spices (optional)
What to do:
- Step 1. You would need to wash the asparagus. Make sure it's always clean before you cook them.
- Step 2. Remove an inch from the hard end. You may use your knife to cut them or snap them off with your hand.
- Step 3. Put the clean asparagus in your microwavable bowl and add three tablespoons of water.
- Step 4. Cover the bowl using a plate and put it inside the microwave.
- Step 5. Set the microwave timer to two minutes.
- Step 6. Using your oven gloves, remove the hot bowl from the microwave.
- Step 7. Get a separate plate and put a paper towel on it.
- Step 8. Transfer the asparagus in a separate dish and dry them off using the paper towel.
- Step 9. Remove the paper towel and drizzle it will olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Step 10. You may add lemon zest or other preferred spices for additional flavor. You may also use a vinaigrette if you want.
- Step 11. Enjoy your steamed asparagus.
How to steam asparagus in microwave is such an easy peasy. The entire cooking procedure can be completed in less than 10 minutes, including the preparation time.