How To Reheat Rice In A Microwave Oven: Quick Guide
A few people understand the transformational power of rice to an entire meal. The right one, at the right amount, with the right quality, can complement even the simplest of dishes. But what if you're left with nothing but leftover rice in the fridge? Is there a way to achieve good quality rice if you know how to reheat rice in microwave oven or the stove? The good news is, there's hope through a few simple tips.
A Quick Guide To Reheating Rice
The goal of reheated rice is not to get them gummy, dry, or lumpy. Understanding how to reheat rice in microwave oven or a stove starts with proper storage. These are a few tips.
- Cool down freshly cooked rice by spreading it on a tray.
- Refrigerate leftover rice as quickly as possible.
- Put rice in a container, seal it, and store it in the fridge, which will be good for four days.
How To Reheat Rice In A Microwave
In learning how to reheat rice in microwave oven, you should start with the basics.
Pro tip: The water you add when reheating rice, depends on the cups of rice you want to reheat.
- Step 1 - Take your rice from the refrigerator.
- Step 2 - Transfer it in a microwaveable bowl or plate.
- Step 3 - Spread several tablespoons of water for every cup of rice on the bowl.
- Step 4 - Cover the rice with a dampened paper towel.
- Step 5 - Set the microwave to twenty seconds for every cup of rice you are heating.
- Step 6 - When heating larger amounts of rice, make sure you have ample space for stirring occasionally.
- Step 7 - Stop reheating if the rice is piping hot evenly.
- Step 8 - Serve and enjoy immediately!
How To Reheat Rice In An Oven
- Step 1 - Prepare an ovenproof dish or tray for your rice.
- Step 2 - Pour the rice on the tray and break up the clumps caused by refrigeration.
- Step 3 - Cover your rice in foil.
- Step 4 - Bake the rice at 150 degrees Celsius for at least 15 minutes.
- Step 5 - Make sure rice is heated evenly before serving.
How To Reheat Rice On A Stove
Reheating rice is not limited to kitchen devices like microwaves and ovens. Sometimes the best way to do it is through a stove.
- Step 1 - Prepare your pot for reheating rice.
- Step 2 - Add at least two tablespoons for every cup of rice you are heating in the pot.
- Step 3 - Cover the pot.
- Step 4 - Set the stove to medium heat.
- Step 5 - Open the pot to stir until the rice is evenly hot.
- Step 6 - Serve and enjoy!
Is there a best way to heat up rice? The tools are available to us, and now that you know how to reheat rice in microwave oven and stove, all you need to do is work on the basics of proper storage and, of course, enjoyment.