How To Reheat Pasta In A Microwave: Quick Guide
The ideal way to enjoy pasta is to eat it freshly cooked, but this isn't always achievable. Sometimes we end up taking home pasta from parties or the restaurant, which is why we will teach you how to reheat pasta in microwave so you can still enjoy the taste and texture the way it was prepared.
A Quick Guide To Reheating Pasta In A Microwave
There are two enemies to poorly reheating pasta: crunchiness and gumminess. Making pasta is all about timing, and not knowing how to heat pasta may not result in the best taste and texture. But we have some tips on how to reheat pasta in microwave:
A microwave is a quick way to reheat your pasta on the go, which is perfect for work or school lunches.
- Step 1 - Place your pasta in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Step 2 - Splash a little water around your pasta.
- Step 3 - Heat the pasta for one minute.
- Step 4 - Remove the pasta and stir, so heat is evenly distributed.
- Step 5 - Put the bowl of pasta back in the microwave and heat for one minute.
- Step 6 - Repeat steps 3 - 5 until the pasta is warm.
- Step 7 - Seal the bowl of pasta and shake it.
- Step 8 - Enjoy!
Tip: If you're not comfortable splashing water on your pizza, you can put a small microwave-safe container of water in the microwave together with your bowl of pasta for moisture.
Tips On Storing Leftover Pasta
Now that you have an idea about how to reheat pasta in microwave, you have to be aware of proper pasta storage.
Storing plain pasta:
- Use a ziplock plastic bag or container with a lid.
- Store this for up to five days in the refrigerator.
- Store pasta for up to one month in a freezer.
Storing pasta sauce:
- A sealed jar of pasta sauce can be stored in a cupboard, away from sunlight at room temperature.
- An open jar of pasta sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for at least three days and a maximum of five days.
- Frozen pasta sauce can be stored in the freezer for three months at most.
The Best Method To Reheat Pasta
Although a microwave is a quick way to reheat pasta, there is a more effective way on how to warm up pasta. If you have free time, consider these steps:
- Step1 - Dip your pasta in boiling water.
- Step 2 - Use a metal strainer for your pasta and immerse it in boiling water for at least 30 seconds or when it achieves the desired warmth.
The fear of cooking or ordering too much pasta can be put to rest now that you know how to reheat pasta in microwave. You can now enjoy leftover pasta and take some away for work or school.