How To Reheat Mashed Potatoes In The Microwave
Cannot get enough of those mashed potatoes from last night’s dinner? Will it still taste as flavorful as it was? With the right reheating method, it surely will.
If you only need a few minutes to prep a meal, how to reheat mashed potatoes in microwave is the best way for you. If you have more time, we also listed here the steps on reheating mashed potatoes using a crockpot and your trusty stove.
Reheat Mashed Potatoes In Microwave
While it may not be the best way to reheat mashed potatoes, it certainly is one of the fastest methods to do so. You can bring back the creamy goodness of your mashed potato if you follow these steps:
- Place your leftover mashed potato in a microwave-safe dish, preferably with a lid to avoid accidental splatter.
- Add a small amount of cream and stir. The extra cream will keep your mashed potato moist.
- Place it in the microwave, set on medium, and reheat for three minutes.
- To check, stir the mashed potato and taste. It should be warm all the way through.
- If you think it needs a little more time, place it back to the microwave and reheat for 30 seconds more until you achieve your desired temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!
Reheat Mashed Potatoes In A Crockpot
If ‘microwaving’ is not the best way to reheat mashed potato, then what is? According to a culinary expert, slow cooking brings back your leftover mashed potato’s original glory—hot, fluffy, and creamy. More so, it evenly cooks your food and prevents lumps. Flavors are preserved, too.
Here are the steps on how to reheat your mashed potato with a crockpot:
- Add butter and cream to your leftover mashed potato.
- Then, butter your crockpot’s insert. Add a little more cream in the bottom of the crockpot’s insert.
- Place your mashed potato in the crockpot. Set it to low.
- Keep it warm for about four hours. Stir once every hour.
- Make sure you stir before serving.
Can You Reheat Mashed Potatoes On The Stove?
Of course, you can! If you do not have a microwave or a crockpot, you can still make your mashed potatoes taste the way it was the night before.
Follow these steps:
- Prepare a large, deep pot and fill 1/3 of it with water.
- Place it on the stove.
- Bring it to boil, and then reduce heat to simmer down.
- Prepare your mashed potatoes and place them in a smaller pot that would fit in your large pot.
- Submerge the pot of mashed potatoes into the hot water. Make sure that the water surrounds the sides of the small pot. Water should not leak into your mashed potatoes.
- Keep the water simmering while constantly stirring the mashed potatoes until they are warm.
- Add a small amount of milk and serve.
You only need a short amount of time on how to reheat mashed potatoes in microwave. Make sure that your mashed potatoes are still moist after reheating. Follow the steps we shared, and no one would even notice that you served a leftover. Enjoy the creamy goodness!