How To Reheat Fries In Microwave
Who doesn't love french fries? Both kids and adults enjoy munching on those crispy potato strips. While leftover fries are no good to compare to when they are freshly cooked, it doesn't mean you'll waste them and throw them away. Let's learn how to reheat fries in microwave and restore the life of those yummy crispy fries.
Reheating Using A Conventional Microwave
The conventional microwave may not be ideal, but it's the most comfortable and convenient way to reheat your fries. You might end up with soggy ones. Follow the steps below on how to reheat fries in microwave oven to get a little crisp out of your leftover fries.
- Step 1. Get your microwavable tray or plate.
- Step 2. Line the tray with a paper towel.
- Step 3. Put your fries on the tray
- Step 4. Drizzle oil on your fries,
- Step 5. Put the tray with fries inside the microwave
- Step 6: Set time to 10 minutes. Try to test different time setting until you achieve the best result.
- Step 7. Take the tray out of the oven
- Step 8. Transfer fries in a different container
- Step 9: Let them cool and enjoy!
Reheating Fries Using A Convection Microwave
A convection microwave is an ordinary microwave and regular oven in one. Aside from reheating your food, it also allows you to do other cooking methods such as roast, grill, broil, and fry. Here are the steps on how to reheat fries using a convection microwave.
- Step 1. Get your baking tray and an aluminum foil.
- Step 2. Put the aluminum foil on the tray and prepare your fries.
- Step 3. Put your fries on the tray with foil. Make sure to spread the fries and that they are not touching each other.
- Step 4. Place the tray in the oven and set the timer to two minutes.
- Step 5. Once the timer is done, leave the fries inside the microwave for another minute.
- Step 6. Remove the tray out of the microwave and transfer the fries in another container.
- Step 7. Let it cool down and enjoy!
Reheat Fries Using An Oven
In case you want a better outcome of reheating your leftover fries, you can use your oven. Here are the steps.
- Preheat oven from 400-425ºF. Opt for a higher temperature as it will give you crunchier fries.
- Get your baking tray and put the aluminum foil on it.
- Put your fries on the tray with foil. Make sure to spread the fries and that they are not touching each other.
- Put the tray inside the oven after preheating is done.
- Drizzle oil on your fries and set time for 5 - 10 minutes.
- You can upgrade your fries by adding some seasoning like salt and pepper for additional flavor.
- Shake the tray occasionally to prevent it from burning.
- Once you see that your fries are crispy enough, get the tray out of the oven.
- Let them cool and serve.
You don't have to suffer eating soggy leftover fries. They can still get crunchy even when reheated in a microwave.