How To Clean Grease Off Of Microwave Vents: Cleaning Tips That Work
Kitchen appliances are always busy, especially if you are one hustling home cook. If you are fond of using your microwave for its many functions, you might find its inside and outside parts splattered with grease all the time. Residues may give off unpleasant odor to your food. Regular cleaning, therefore, is a must.
How to clean grease from microwave vent? The simple steps are ahead.
Commercial Vs. Household Grease Removers
You may remove grease off your microwave vent using the following cleaning solutions. Use whichever you prefer. Note that homemade cleaning solutions are way cheaper than commercial ones.
- Lemon and water. Take two lemons. Squeeze them in a bowl with three cups of water. Then, place the bowl inside your microwave and heat up the mixture for two minutes. After, let it sit for 10 minutes inside the microwave. The steam loosens stubborn grease stains. Wipe the residues with a damp cloth.
- Vinegar and baking soda. Dilute a few tablespoons of baking soda in four cups of water. Soak a towel in this mixture for a few minutes and use it to wipe your microwave’s interior. After, mix equal parts of water and white vinegar in a bowl. Follow the same steps listed on the lemon and water solution.
- All-purpose commercial cleanser. If you prefer commercial products, the safest for your appliance are all-purpose cleansers.
Steps To Clean Grease Off Of Your Microwave Vent
Cleaning your microwave should be fairly easy. However, it may take more time if it is overwhelmed with stubborn grease stains.
First and foremost, make sure that you have unplugged your appliance before starting the cleaning process. If you prefer to use the steam cleaning method, make sure that the interior had cooled off before wiping it down.
Follow these steps on how to clean microwave vent:
- Take a damp towel or a paper towel. Wipe down the interior of your microwave. Remove large food residues inside.
- If you will not be applying the steam cleaning method mentioned above, remove the microwave plate and carousel. Wash them with water and dishwashing soap. Use a sponge to remove stubborn grease stains.
- Soak a towel with your preferred cleaning solution. Wring it properly, and wipe down the interior and scrub the vents with it. Make sure you clean grease under microwave.
- Then, wipe dry the interior with a clean, dry towel. Or, leave your microwave open for a few hours to air dry.
- After cleaning the interior, proceed to tidy up the outside of your appliance. To do this, use a damp cloth or a towel soaked in your cleaning solution. Make sure that you wring it properly, so it is not dripping wet. Then, dry the exterior with a clean towel.
Regularly cleaning your kitchen appliance will help you keep away stubborn stains. Now that you learned how to clean grease from microwave vent, it would be easier to tackle the job.