How To Clean A Beauty Blender In Microwave: Does It Really Work?
Beauty blenders are sponges used to apply any makeup product on your bag—foundation, bb cream, concealer, highlighter, and more!
Of course, you want your skin beautified with a clean sponge. You want a fresh layer of each product on your face, right? With a dirty and unsanitized sponge, your products will fuse, resulting in an unpleasant application.
You may have heard about the beauty blender-microwave cleaning trend. Do you have doubts if it will work? Carefully follow the steps on how to clean beauty blender in microwave listed here. We guarantee you a sparkling result.
Step-By-Step Cleaning Procedure
Why do you have to clean your beauty blender? Bacteria, dead skin cells, dirt, and oil accumulate in your makeup brushes and beauty blenders as you use it everyday. These residues clog your pores and cause break outs. It always feels nice to use clean tools, especially on your face.
Now, let’s get down to the cleaning task.
No, you do not simply microwave beauty blender. Do this, and you will surely end up with a baked, burnt, or even a melted sponge. You have seen the photos and videos of failed attempts online, and they are quite disappointing. You do not want your beauty blender to go to waste.
Although the steps to clean beauty blender in microwave are simple, it is essential to follow them chronologically to achieve good results.
Remember that the primary purpose of putting your beauty blender in your microwave is to sanitize it. It is actually the final step in your cleaning process.
So, be sure to start right following these steps:
- Take your beauty blender and clean off makeup residues using water and mild detergent soap or a liquid dishwashing soap.
- Rinse off.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 until your beauty blender is restored to its original color, meaning it is completely clean.
- Squeeze it until damp.
- Then, take a small bowl or cup and fill it with water—just enough to soak your beauty blender.
- Squeeze your beauty blender inside the cup, so it takes in the water.
- Place it in the microwave and heat for one minute.
- After, let it sit for five minutes or until the water cools down.
- Take the sponge and squeeze it. Make sure your hands are clean!
- Leave it in a clean surface to air dry.
Clean your sponge regularly to keep your skin safe and clean too. For quick cleaning, you can use cleaning products intended for makeup tools.
Here, you have learned the complete and correct procedure on how to clean beauty blender in microwave. Do not miss any step to achieve the best results. Remember to clean your beauty blender first before putting it in the microwave to sanitize it.
Heed the advice of beauty bloggers to change your beauty blender every three months, just like your mascara and your toothbrush. Always keep your makeup tools clean and sanitized to help keep your skin healthy.