How To Clean A Microwave With Dish Soap
As often as you use your microwave oven, you should also be aware that it needs regular cleaning. The cleaning process is easy. There are different cleaning ingredients that you can use, and most of it is something that you might even have in your kitchen. Here's how to clean a microwave with dish soap and other cleaning choices to choose from.
A Good Microwave Is A Clean Microwave
Sometimes even if you get the most expensive microwave in the market, it can't guarantee excellent performance and durability if you don't know how to maintain it. Always make sure to clean your microwave.
- Water and paper towels - Soak some paper towels in the water. Then place them inside the microwave. Set the microwave to high and run it for five minutes. This will allow the dirt inside to soften and loosen. Once the wet paper towels are no longer hot, get it and use it to wipe the inside of the microwave.
- Baking soda paste - For this method, you will have to create first the baking soda paste. Get two parts baking soda and mix it with one-part water to make a paste. Wipe the paste in the microwave's floor or turntable, especially in the parts with spills that hardened. Next is to leave it for about 5 minutes just enough for the dirt to loosen. The last step is to get a web sponge or piece of cloth to wipe off the baking soda paste residue.
- Water and vinegar solution - Get a microwavable glass and fill it with half water. Next is to get a tablespoon vinegar and mix it with the water. Put the bowl with the solution inside the microwave and run it on high setting for five minutes. Doing this will steam the inside of the microwave, making it easier to wipe off the dirt and stains. After, take the bowl out and wipe the microwave inside with a cloth or paper towel. Then, remove the microwave's turntable and wash it the sink with sponge and soap. Make sure to dry the turntable completely before putting it back inside the microwave.
- Dish soap – The process of this method is similar to the water and vinegar solution, but this time, you will have to put dishwashing soap in the water instead of the vinegar. Make sure to put just an adequate amount of dishwashing soap in the water. Put the bowl mixture inside the microwave and run it for one minute to steam. Next is to get the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave.
- Commercial Cleanser - This method is for you to simply buy a commercial cleanser that you prefer. Spray it inside the microwave and clean. However, among the other methods, this is my least favorite. Commercial cleansers have strong scents that get left behind in the microwave. Sometimes the fumes get to mix with the food you heat and affects its taste.
How to clean a microwave with dish soap is easy, as well as the other options mentioned above. Choose what method works best for you.