How To Clean A Burnt Microwave: Helpful Tips
Cooking or heating food in a microwave offers convenience when it comes to food preparation. But the story becomes different when you are experiencing burnt food. That awful smell of burning foodstuff can be annoying and can even be hazardous to your health. Wondering how to get that burnt smell out of your microwave? Simple! All you need is to learn how to clean a burnt microwave.
8 Easy Steps on How to Clean a Burnt Microwave
To keep your microwave clean and fresh, here are some handy tips that you can follow:
- Create a cleaning solution by simply mixing warm water and dish detergent in a container. Mix until it suds.
- Get a rag or sponge and soak it in the mixture.
- Find the burnt food stains and wipe it with the soaked rag or sponge.
- For harder stains, scrub with a coarser pad.
- Dampen your rag or sponge with warm water and sprinkle baking soda into it. Scrub at stubborn food stains.
- Get a cotton ball or soft rag and soak it in an acetone nail polish remover.
- Scrub at the burn marks with the acetone cleaner until they are removed.
- Using a clean, warm water, clean the entire microwave.
With these given steps, learning how to clean a burnt microwave is indeed an easy task for anyone in a household.
Keeping Your Microwave in Top Condition
When it comes to taking care of your microwave, it is not enough to just learn how to clean a burnt microwave. There are a lot of things that you need to consider. Many people use their microwaves every day, and just like you, it becomes a hassle if you are experiencing issues with this very useful kitchen appliance. No worries! There are a few good habits that you can practice to make a substantial difference starting today. And we are here to guide you all the way.
Long-lasting Microwave Usage
- Always keep it clean. Do not wait until your microwave gets too dirty before you start cleaning it. Those stains that you ignore can even cause bigger issues on your appliance.
- Carefully choose your dishware. Remember that not all dish wares are microwavable. Using non-microwavable dishware inside your microwave is bad. It can cause damage to your appliance.
- Handle the door with care. Stop banging it! You will probably agree that the door is among the most widely abused parts of a microwave. Closing it slowly and gently is the right way. Remind yourself of that.
- Strictly follow weight limitations. Your microwave has weight capacity. Do not overload. It can lead to malfunction.
- Call for help when needed. Again, microwave care is not just about learning how to clean a burnt microwave. If ever you experience any issues with your microwave and you are not an electrician, do not touch it. There are professional people who can do that. You just need to determine when you will need their help.
By learning how to clean a burnt microwave and following the maintenance tips we just gave you, you will have the assurance that you are going to enjoy many years of microwave usage.