How Long To Steam Broccoli In A Microwave: Kitchen Tips
Broccoli is a healthy recipe. It is present in almost every meal. Learning how to quickly and easily prepare it is a great advantage to many homeowners out there. Now, about quick and easy food preparation, your microwave appliance could be the very first thing that pops out of your mind. In this article, we will teach you how long to steam broccoli in a microwave. For more enjoyable broccoli recipes, read this article till the end.
How long does it take to steam broccoli in microwave? The best length of time when steaming Broccoli in a microwave is 1/2 to 7 minutes. The time will depend on the quantity of the broccoli that you are about to steam. The more broccoli you steam, the longer steaming time is needed. Do not over steam this veggie. Over-steamed broccoli may not give you the best taste you are expecting. That bitter taste from an overcooked vegetable can be disappointing. It's going to be tasteless and soggy which is something you would never want for your meal.
Perfectly Steamed Broccoli
Steaming Broccoli can be a tedious job if you simply do not know how to do it. But, worry no more! After showing you steps on how long to steam Broccoli in a microwave, it's now time to give you tips on how to steam Broccoli perfectly.
- Cut up the Broccoli into the size you desire.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place all the Broccoli.
- For every one pound of Broccoli, pour 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Cover the bowl, still using a microwavable dishware.
- After 2 minutes, check its texture. If it is soft enough for you, you can remove it from the microwave. Put it in for another 2 minutes if you're still not liking the texture.
- Steam will come out from the bowl easily, so remove the cover extra carefully.
Health Benefits of Eating Steamed Broccoli
It is important that you know the different health benefits of your favorite veggies. It will inspire you, even more, to eat and enjoy every meal with healthy organic food. Broccoli is one of the most nutritious vegetables. Here are the amazing health benefits broccoli has to offer you.
- One of the biggest advantages of broccoli is its nutrient content. Do you know that this green vegetable is packed with vitamins, minerals, and bioactive compounds? Not only that, broccoli is also loaded with different nutrient profiles.
- Broccoli contains potent antioxidants that inhibit or neutralize cell damage caused by free radicals.
- The various bioactive compounds found in broccoli may protect a person against certain types of cancer.
- Slow the aging process. A key bioactive compound in broccoli called sulforaphane increases the expression of antioxidant genes. This process slows down the biochemical process of aging.
- It boosts the immune system. The vitamin C content of broccoli strengthens your immune system.
The Bottom Line
Learning how long to steam broccoli in a microwave is important. But there are a lot of ways on how to prepare broccoli for a perfect meal. We have a lot of articles for you in this website. You can read more, to learn more.