Can You Defrost Bacon In The Microwave? – Basic Tips
Can you defrost bacon in the microwave? YES! Now, the next question that could be lingering in your mind is how and how long? Fortunately, this article will show you easy steps about defrosting frozen bacon in the microwave. So to all bacon lovers out there, reading until the end is a benefit.
What Bacon Lovers Need to Know
Bacon is in everything! Who would disagree about that? It's one of the most loved foods of people of all ages. It's almost in every home refrigerator. Now, since bacon can be stored, people tend to buy a lot of them and have them stock inside their fridge. That's right. But if you think that you are already doing the right way of storing bacon in your freezer, you might be wrong.
If you happen to experience eating tasteless, dry, and boring bacon, the problem could lie in the way you store and defrost it. A lot of homeowners seem to deal with this common problem. Preparing the best bacon recipe is not just about learning how to defrost bacon in the microwave. There's more that you need to learn. That's why, we are here to help you get the right and most reliable answers.
How to Store Bacon in Your Freezer
To maintain the freshness of the bacon, you have to learn how to store it in your freezer correctly. Here are the 4 easy steps to follow:
- Remove the bacon from its original packaging.
- Lay the bacon strips out on a cooling rack.
- Freeze single pieces in single layers.
- Make sure to store them in airtight freezer-safe containers.
In the event that you want to cook the bacon first before storing them in your fridge, that is still possible. Here are 5 easy steps to follow:
- Cook it under your desired doneness. Do not overcook since it is still for storage.
- Check any excess grease. Always dab it off.
- Flash freeze on cookie sheets.
- Place inside your freezer-safe, airtight containers. Any dishware will do as long as it can be tightly sealed.
- To finish off, toss inside the microwave.
Time to Defrost Bacon in the Microwave
- Always check the instructions first and follow the guidelines. Freezer-to-microwave brands have specified steps on how to handle the product as a consumer guide.
- Soak up any grease that's released upon removing the bacon from its package. To do this, simply place the bacon on the layer of paper.
- Then, cover the bacon strips with another paper towel.
- Defrost the bacon depending on your microwave brand.
- Set the right defrosting time.
Finally, you are now ready to cook your bacon and enjoy a delicious fresh, cooked bacon. Can you defrost bacon in the microwave? Yes, and it is easy.
Investing in a freeze-drying system is good. It is beneficial especially when it comes to food storage. Now that we have answered your question, if you can you defrost bacon in the microwave, you are now ready to store this popular food right inside your freezer.