Can You Cook Microwave Popcorn In The Oven: Easy Hacks
Do you know what completes a movie experience? Popcorn! Who doesn't want these classic movie goodies? But there may come a time when you need to be a little more creative with your popcorn. Can you cook microwave popcorn in the oven? Are there any other ways to prepare microwave popcorn? Just keep reading to find out.
Easy Hacks To Preparing Microwave Popcorn
Microwave popcorn is heaven-sent. It's compact, quick, and best of all, it comes in delicious flavors. But what if you don't have a microwave available? Or it suddenly stops working? We will show you some other creative ways to preparing your microwave popcorn just in time for your movie marathon.
Can you cook microwave popcorn in the oven?
Because a conventional oven takes too long to heat up, the time it takes to reach the right temperature might burn your popcorn. But there are some hacks you can try.
- Step 1 - Place your microwave popcorn on a tray and slide it into your oven.
- Step 2 - Set the oven at 230 degrees C or 440 degrees F and keep it that way as long as the popcorn continues popping.
- Step 3 - Listen carefully to the popping and wait for the popping to stop for more than 30 seconds.
- Step 4 - Serve and enjoy!
Note: Keeping a microwave bag too long in 400 degrees F may cause it to melt. If you smell burnt plastic while making your popcorn in the oven, stop it immediately. So although preparing microwave popcorn in an oven is possible, it is not recommended.
Can you cook microwave popcorn on a stovetop?
In the absence of a microwave, a stovetop is the next best way to cook microwave popcorn.
Note: Wear eye protection and long sleeves for those hot popping substances.
- Step 1 - Tear your popcorn bag open.
- Step 2 - Empty the bag's contents into a large pot over your stove.
- Step 3 - Set the stove on medium heat.
- Step 4 - Use a wooden spoon to separate chunks of kernels clumped together while the butter continues to melt.
- Step 5 - Keep stirring the kernels with your wooden spoon to avoid burning.
- Step 6 - When it starts popping, cover your pot and shake it periodically.
- Step 7 - Listen for the popping until the intervals reach more than 30 seconds.
- Step 8 - Enjoy and serve!
Knowing these simple popcorn hacks is more than knowing, can you cook microwave popcorn in the oven. Microwave popcorn is packed with delightful flavors that will save you time from seasoning plain popcorn. Having these tricks up your sleeve will prepare you for any emergencies you might encounter in a movie session. After all, who doesn't want the company of good popcorn with a movie?